And Sometimes Life Is Chaos

Most Fridays I go to my parent’s place to work and have a catch-up.

It is one of my most productive and chaotic days of the week. For some reason, neither of my parents think I do much of anything, so because I am within calling distance, I am able to assist them with anything they think is of utmost importance to them.

I hear this a lot with parents who are trying to start a new business or carve some time for themselves. Between work and the kids and their partner, etc, etc., where do they find the time to make space for what they would like to create and develop.

What I have found is that when you are busy, time becomes a lot more fluid. You are able to create in a short amount of time, what would normally take you 3 times longer. You are able to connect with self quicker and more easily simply because you have to. There is no time to mess around. You just do it.

This is one of the reasons I teach people to connect with their knowing quickly.

Sure, you can take the time to go slowly and luxuriate in the moments between your breath. You can take more than a moment to connect with the earth and then with the centre of the universe before bringing the energy into your centre and then allowing the energy to flow out to all, while still staying connected with your centre.

Or you can say, “Centre” and be there in an instant.

It may feel a little different, yet it will still have the same power, the same outcome as if you go slowly.

The main reason people focus on the slower, meditative way is because so many people would benefit from slowing down every so often. I meditate the slow way. Yet I also connect with my centre the quick way too.

It’s good to have options and on Friday’s I’m generally going down the fast lane knowing that my higher self can move a lot faster than I give it credit.

Many people when they come to me are suffering because of the chaos in their lives. The juggling of the balls in the air, thinking that life as they know it will come to an abrupt end if they drop one of these balls.

I wonder what would happen if they learned not only to slow down and breathe but to speed up and thrive in the chaos? What if you could trust that the universe does not give you anything that you can’t handle? What if you could connect to your centre, your inner knowing in an instant and although you are running a hundred kilometres an hour, you are exhilarated at the end of the day rather than exhausted?

There are 3 things to consider when you are jumping into the enjoyment of chaos.

  1. Does it really matter?What is the worst case scenario if you drop the ball? Will anyone die? Will people be disappointed? Maybe, maybe not but in the grand scheme of things over all the millions of lifetimes you’ve lived, this moment is just that, a single moment and if you drop the ball there will be consequences but I’m sure you’ll be able to deal with them. You may even find that something better happens that you hadn’t even thought of.
  2. Breathe.Many of us stop breathing when in chaos. We go into fight or flight and our adrenals take over. What if we could put the timer on our phone? 15 minute intervals where you remind yourself to breathe and enjoy the chaos.
  3. Know that you are being supported.We are told that we only use 10% of our brain. If this is the case, then what if we are aware of only 10% of our being – 10% of who we are? What if, even though we are unable to connect with the other 90%, it is still there supporting the 10% that sometimes feels a little lost. If you trusted that you’ve got this, you are supported even if it doesn’t feel like it. You are going to be all right.

When you play with those 3 aspects you’ll find that the chaos of your life, the drama of others and the pace of your life is fun. It’s a game and creativity, collaboration and enjoyment can come from whoever you are with.

There are people who thrive in chaos and there are others who like the quieter side of life. Neither way is better, it is simply a preference. My thoughts are… What if you could enjoy both?

If you live in a chaotic world and would like a little help to navigate through it to enjoyment, please drop me a line and we can work it out together.

Loving you… Loving life…

Rosemary Davey

Rosemary Davey lives with her husband Scott and her fur babies in Western Australia. She has a background in Mind Body Medicine and Holistic Counselling and uses tools and techniques in her programs to enhance the relationships in your life.

Latest posts by Rosemary Davey (see all)